January 14, 2016 7926
Bluehost.com Review
Overall rating

Features

Reliability

Performance

Customer Service

Value

I moved my website to Bluehost.com from another web host I was not happy with. It started out fine for the first few months but then problems started to happen. I got a big boost in traffic from Google and then the next day my site goes down. I found out that Bluehost had deactivated my account due to 

"site causing performance problems"

I received no warnings. Now a happy exciting time with more traffic for my websites turns into panic as I wait for support to open so I can call and get my account reactivated.

Talking with tech support the NEXT DAY they said the plugins I used with Wordpress are taking to much processor time and I need to either get those fix or upgrade my account at Bluehost with a better hosting plan. Well, thousands of people use the same wordpress plugins that I do so I know it is not them. Basically I am forced to pay Bluehost more money for a service I already paid 2 years for.

In the end I pay as I can't have my site down while I find another hosting company and wait to get my site and domain transferred. After my 2 year contract is up I plan to move hosting companies again unless Bluehost really pulls up their socks in the customer service department.

Pros
Started off good
Cons
Support is basically non existent
Bottom Line
No, I would not recommend this to a friend.

Web Hosting Information

Web Hosting Type
Shared
Length of Time Used
3 - 6 Months
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account?