July 17, 2015 4417
Ancestry.com
Overall rating

Features

Records Available

Searching

Community Support

Value

I am very interested in Ancestry and I really like the way it works. I have always been interested in my family history which came to a head when I recently got all the family books from my mom. I wanted to put together a family tree with this information I have, so I did some research online and found Ancestry. I have only scratched the surface of what I can do and I am really excited to continue to use it.

I am only about a month into using the service but the one thing I did find was that my grandfather and great grandfather's birth date information is incorrect. My grandfathers information was from another member's public tree which Ancestry doesn't really control. I did contact the person and we discussed and he ended updating his information as I was able to prove to him that my info was right.

My great grandfather information (from the other side not related to the grandfather on my mom's side from above) was from Ancestry's own records. What's great is you can add alternate information and additional comments to records on Ancestry. I did this and it has been reviewed and updated so props to Ancestry.
Pros
Easy way to create a family tree with lots and lots and lots of records :-)
Cons
Need to confirm information as it could be wrong especially if entered by another member.
Bottom Line
Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Length of Time Used
Less than 1 Month
F
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account?