July 17, 2015 4416
Family Trees at Ancestry
Overall rating

Features

Records Available

Searching

Customer Service

Value

While I was putting in the information for my family tree on Ancestry I notice that it pulled information from other users family trees. 

The problem is a lot of the information from the one family tree from a certain user was incorrect. I am not sure if the information was not verified or what. The info was from my immediate family so I know what was correct so I contacted the person requesting they make the changes. I did not hear back from the person at all and Ancestry apparently can not do anything about it to correct the tree. So the information will remain and the pictures will be for the wrong person.

I continue to use the Ancestry site as it does offer a lot. Just be careful of some users information for their family trees as it may be incorrect and if they are not currently using Ancestry there is nothing you can do to correct it. The government documents Ancestry offers is where they shine and make it well worth the subscription.
Pros
Easy to use and lots of records
Cons
Some of the user trees are incorrect and will cause issues with your own if related.
Length of Time Used
1 - 3 Months
G
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account?