Reply: Is Ancestry.com automated like AncestryDNA?

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.
X

Topic History of: Is Ancestry.com automated like AncestryDNA?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)

• Jenn

Joesph G - 1975 wrote: Does Ancestry do a lot of the work automatically? Like if I enter my birth parents information in Ancestry, can the website through birth records then determine my parents siblings, their parents, grandparents and other relatives?

Yes Ancestry does try to autofill your Family tree based on the records they have. You can also add to your family tree and include trees of other members if they fit within your tree. It is pretty cool what you can all do. Once you get the hang of it, it is pretty easy to use.

• Joesph G - 1975

I have already done AncestryDNA but with the surprising results I got in regards to my ethnic mix I was thinking of subscribing to Ancestry.com to see what else is hiding in my family tree.

The website looks really interesting but also a little overwhelming as well. Does Ancestry do a lot of the work automatically? Like if I enter my birth parents information in Ancestry, can the website through birth records then determine my parents siblings, their parents, grandparents and other relatives? Obviously Ancestry can only go back so far by doing it this way.

Or is it a lot more manual work on my part with me hunting for information on the relatives of my parents and me by searching through all of their records?

Thanks for any thoughts...

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds