Reply: Is MyHeritage.com Better than Ancestry?

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.
X

Topic History of: Is MyHeritage.com Better than Ancestry?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)

• Bryan

beware ,it is a waste of money, been waiting 11 months for DNA results

• Michael kencroft

Be very careful about any free trials
when its finished they take money from your account unless you cancel
Thought this was illegal.

• SAM

Both are good in their own ways. if you look for most geographic regions covered then Ancestry.com tops the table. Even, here you don't have to subscribe to view the family matches. But, MyHeritage.com is also doing a good job as through this, you can easily collect the sample. Cheek swab sample is preferred here over salive samples.

• scabeyecare

Yes! I agree with you too.

• Anonymous

Ancestry says they have a lot more records than Myheritage, almost double but I find most of them are useless to me. I've tried both websites and I find I like Myheritage more. It's easier to use and find information IMO. I find Smart Search to be really good and I also have used Smart Connect on a number of occasions to message with other distant relatives to figure out how to combine our family trees as they always don't quite match up.

You can't go wrong with either but I do like Myheritage better.

I haven't heard many good things about Ancestry and was wondering if My Heritage is any better?

What I want to do is design my own family tree and be able to share it with my family online, can I do this at MyHeritage.com?

They also seem to have an active community which is important to me because from my understanding it gets more difficult creating your family tree the farther back you go and having the online community help out with new ideas on how to find family members is a must. All of my family as far as I know is from North America several generations back.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds