Editor
April 15, 2015 13914
Watch out for customs when ordering from Frames Direct
Overall rating

Product

Selection

Shipping

Value

International customers make sure you review the Frames Direct shipping FAQ first or you will be most likely stuck with additional costs!!!!

I figured I would get a much better deal if I shopped online for my eyeglasses.  The frames are a good price but I found the lenses coating a bit more expensive at $27.50. Plus I am purchasing from Canada so I have to deal with the dollar conversion as well which is not in my favour. I did the calculation and found it was still cheaper for me to buy at Frames Direct, or so I thought...

Once I place the order and paid I then noticed in small print at the bottom of the page highlighted in red was additional information about shipping. Shipping was going to cost me over $70 USD!!! Well now the glasses are going to cost me about the same as my local optical store. So in the end I let the order continue and didn't call Customer Service to cancel.

Well that was a mistake. My glasses order then got stuck at customs. I had to pay an additional $100 at customs to get my order over the border. I was so upset that I wasn't told about this before hand. They really need to let international customers know what the potential costs are before ordering as it is NOT WORTH IT!

Pros
Glasses and Frames are fine
Cons
Shipping cost extra!
Number of Times Used

About Me

L
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account?