1-800 CONTACTS is the largest retailer of contact lenses in the world and has been shipping low-cost lenses to people’s doors for more than 15 years. 1-800 CONTACTS offers the exact same lenses as prescribed by your eye doctor, but at a discount. With the largest inventory of lenses of any contact lens retailer—almost 10 million—they’re very likely to have your contact lens brand and prescription in stock and ready to ship directly to your door.
13% of the U.S. population wears contact lenses. Often, replacing contact lenses through your optometrist can be expensive and you have to wait to receive your contacts—and then make another trip to pick them up at your optometrist’s office. 1-800 CONTACTS makes it both more affordable and more convenient to replace your lenses by offering discounted pricing on popular lens brands and then shipping them directly to you. This company truly makes the replacing lenses easy.
While this company has slightly higher prices than other online retailers, they have helpful and responsive 24/7 customer service—both online and over the phone. They guarantee that they will beat any competitor’s price, in addition to guaranteeing that you’re totally satisfied with your lenses. They offer a limited selection of accessories, including contact lens solution and lens storage cases. They even provide helpful information about eye anatomy, how the eye works, and info about common visual problems. Overall, the website is well-designed and easy to use, and the contact lens selection is extensive. They are an accredited Better Business Bureau (BBB) organization and have an “A+” rating with the BBB.
1-800 CONTACTS is an easy-to-use, reliable website that makes getting contacts easy. The company will even help you schedule an eye exam, if needed. Following are some of the features.
Schedule an eye exam
If you need to schedule an eye exam appointment, 1-800 CONTACTS will help you find an eye doctor and schedule an appointment. They’ve teamed up with Walmart and a network of independent eye doctors so that you may order your contacts at your eye doctor’s location, but through 1-800 CONTACTS. Additionally, these optometrists accept most types of insurance, making it convenient and more affordable to have an eye exam.
- Let 1-800 CONTACTS schedule the exam. Use the online form or call the 1-800-number to speak with a 1-800 CONTACTS representative who will help you schedule an appointment with an optometrist near you
- You schedule the exam. Use the online search tool to find eye doctors located in your area, and then you can call the eye doctors directly to schedule your appointment
Huge selection of contact lenses
1-800 CONTACTS claims to have the biggest inventory of lenses in the world, with 10 million lenses in stock.
- They offer all of the popular brands of lenses, like Acuvue, Air Optix, Biofinity, Focus, Freshlook, Proclear, PureVision, and SofLens, as well as specialty toric contact lenses, colored contacts, and bifocal lenses. Gas permeable lenses are available by calling customer service (not available to order online)
- Ample product information available for every product they sell
Order online or by phone
You must have a valid, current contact lens prescription from an eye doctor to order from 1-800 CONTACTS. If you already have your contact lens prescription from your eye doctor, you can get started ordering your contacts right away. Ordering is extremely easy and they provide a simple online step-by-step New Customer Guide to help you. Ordering online is four basic steps:
- Create an account—you’ll just need to start with your name and email address. Your information will be kept secure and saved for future orders and to track your orders
- Add your prescription information
- Search by: brand name (alphabetical order), most popular, bifocal lenses, color, daily disposables, toric lenses (for those with astigmatism), or vial lenses
- Fill in your shipping information
- Choose a payment method
That’s it! If you have any problems with your order, or you’re not sure what your prescription is, or you don’t have a prescription or box of contacts available to find your prescription, you can call the 1-800-number to speak with customer service. Customer service can verify your prescription with your eye doctor.
1-800 CONTACTS is recognized as an out-of-network provider by most major vision insurance companies, like VSP, Cole Managed Vision, Spectera, EyeMed and Davis Vision. These insurance companies will reimburse you for your lens purchase if you have an applicable out-of-network benefit in your plan.
If you have an out-of-network contact lens benefit in your vision plan, you can purchase your contact lenses through 1-800 CONTACTS and then submit the itemized receipt that you will receive with your order to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Be sure to consult your vision insurance provider for questions about what and how much is covered under your insurance. You can also call 1-800 CONTACTS customer service with further questions, and they may be able to help you.
1-800 CONTACTS offers a satisfaction guarantee, called the “20/20 Guarantee.” If you're not pleased with your order, simply call or email customer service and they will help you to make it right. They verify your prescription with your doctor before shipping the contact lenses to your door.
- Live customer service support by chat, email, or phone available 24/7
- Free exchanges of unopened boxes of previously purchased contact lenses if your prescription changes
- Free replacement of torn contact lenses
Costs and Shipping
As with most online contact lens retailers, the price per box decreases with the more boxes you buy, so per-box pricing will often vary depending on how many boxes you order. If you have the same prescription in both eyes, you can order one prescription; if your eyes have different prescriptions, you’ll need to order for each eye. All of this is made very clear on the site or by calling 1-800 CONTACTS. 1-800 CONTACTS accepts all major credit cards, Bill Me Later option, or use of Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
Shipping is available in the United States, Canada and internationally.
Disclaimer: While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our information at Review Chatter we shall not be held responsible for any discrepancy. There is a possibility that the information provided here is outdated or wrong, please check with the companies website directly for the most recent information. As always you should read your terms of service before purchasing any product online or signing up to any online service.