Founded in 1983, Jenny Craig is one of the most popular weight management programs in the world. This system focus on food, body and mind. It combines meal plans, education about eventually developing your own meal plans, a program for simple physical activity to keep you energized, and the motivation of a personal consultant to guide you through the entire process. This program doesn’t just help you lose weight; it helps you develop a healthy lifestyle. Whether you’d like to lose a small amount of weight or would like to make significant changes, whether you’re male or female, younger or older—Jenny Craig has a program for you. There are more than 650 centers across the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico, giving you the option to do your program in-person at the centers. If there isn’t a Center near you, you can choose an at-home option for all of the same great benefits.
The Jenny Craig program is developed by registered dietitians who consult with an expert Medical Advisory Board. Together, they create the best meal and exercise plans for healthy weight loss. The Board’s recommendations are based on the latest nutrition, exercise, and behavioral strategies for weight management and disease prevention. The Jenny Craig plans include “Jenny’s Cuisine” meals and snacks, and you’ll supplement with plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables, reduced fat milk products and heart healthy fats. Eventually you’ll transition to meal planning for yourself, so that you don’t have to rely on the pre-prepared meals. Overall, this is a great program to help you stay motivated and create a diet and exercise plan that you can really maintain.
Jenny Craig offers a variety of weight plan options that suit different needs, from vegetarian to teen-friendly to custom-designed. In addition to the many meal options, the Jenny Craig program also helps design an activity plan. Combined with one-on-one consultations, the meal and activity plans are designed for the person who is committed to their weight-loss goals.
How it Works
- Initial consult. Meet with your program director, either over the phone or in person. They’ll gather your information, such as eating habits, level of activity, height and weight, and design a custom program for you
- In-Centre – You can find the nearest Jenny Craig Centre by entering your area code, zip code or postal code, and city or state in their Centre Locator online. You can also call toll-free 1-800-597-JENNY to find one near you. If you choose this option, you’ll be able to pick up your food in-person
- At Home – If you’re not near a Jenny Craig center, you can use the Jenny Craig At Home program, which includes weekly phone "meetings" with your trained consultant. You can order the “Jenny’s Cuisine” in at least two-week increments, though many clients prefer to order their food in four-week increments (plus the cost of shipping)
- Weekly meetings. You’ll meet with your Jenny Craig consultant on a weekly basis. During this weekly meeting, you’ll get motivated, track your progress, and talk about challenges and obstacles you’ve faced. You’ll be given the tools and know-how to eat right as well as to develop an active lifestyle
- Halfway point. Once you reach the halfway point, you’ll learn to meal plan on your own by incorporating your own foods one day per week, and gradually increasing this over time. Your consultant will be available to help you through this halfway point—a point in your diet progress that often elicits a mix of emotions.
- Reaching goal weight. By the time you’ve reached your goal weight, you’ll feel confident in creating your own meal plans. Depending on the plan you’ve selected, you may also have maintenance support with your consultant on an ongoing basis.
Jenny Craig In-Centre
This program option is available if there is a Jenny Craig center in your area and convenient to you. You will have weekly meetings with your consultant and pick up your food at the Centre. Using the In-Centre options helps to fuel your motivation and hold you accountable for your progress.
Jenny Craig At Home
The “At Home” option offers the same great food, tools and personal support as In-Centre, with the added convenience of having the program materials delivered directly to your door (plus the cost of shipping). You’ll have your weekly meetings with your consultant over the phone.
Jenny Craig for Men
The Men’s program is tailored specifically to the diet and exercise needs of men. There’s no counting points or eating tasteless food. Rather, this program offers tasty menu options and lots of flexibility.
Jenny Craig Silver
The Silver program has all the great benefits of the In-Centre and At Home programs, but is tailored specifically for the needs of people who are older. It takes into account a slower metabolism as well as some of the challenges with losing weight as you grow older.
Jenny Craig Type 2
This program is designed to help maintain healthy blood glucose (sugar) levels, manage your blood pressure, and control cholesterol and triglyceride levels. There are more than 80 menu options.
Jenny Craig for Teens
The program is for adolescents 13-17 years old, who obtain their parent's written permission, and who do not have health conditions and/or taking medications. The program includes weekly one-on-one consultations, weekly menus and program materials.
Support tools, forums and articles are available to help you throughout your dieting program.
- eTools – Dining out guide for iPhone, BMI calculator, video blogs, chat room, forums, support buddies group, Facebook page, Twitter account, online journal, activity planner, progress tracker, and Your Style Profile
- Articles – There are a variety of articles that will help you on your weight loss journey, including mind, body and food articles
- Online menu planner – An easy meal planner makes it convenient to plan your meals and stay on your diet plan
- Free tools – You can register to receive free support tools, whether or not you sign up for a Jenny Craig program. This includes weekly tips, recipes, a Progress Tracker tool, support forums and more
Jenny Craig Plans:
- Costs depend on which plan you choose, which menu items you select, and so on. They offer short term and longer term plans, so you can choose the option that is right for you
- Average monthly costs for a 7 day/week meal plan starts at approximately $420 USD
- There is a set-up fee
- Consulting/meeting costs are included
- Be sure to ask how set-up fees and other costs can be reduced when you call
- Breakfast – starts at $1.99/meal
- Includes foods like breakfast scramble, cinnamon French toast, complete start cereal, honey oat bar, banana nut mini-loaf, and more
- Syrup is separate
- Lunch – starts at $4.99/meal
- Includes foods like Asian-style orange chicken, cheesy potatoes and chicken, pesto pizza, rotini with meatballs, turkey burger, and more
- Dinner – starts at $4.99/meal
- Includes foods like chicken fajitas, fish & chips, macaroni and cheese, penne pasta, turkey chili, meat loaf, and more
- Snacks/Desserts – starts at $1.99/snack
- Snacks/Desserts – starts at $1.99/snack
- Salad dressing is separate
- Vitamins and supplements available for an additional cost
Disclaimer: While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our information at Review Chatter we shall not be held responsible for any discrepancy. There is a possibility that the information provided here is outdated or wrong, please check with the companies website directly for the most recent information. As always you should read your terms of service before purchasing any product online or signing up to any online service.