February 17, 2016 26784
The Labs They Use are Terrible
Overall rating

Experience

Privacy

Speed of Results

Customer Service

Value

I attempted to use this companies testing service as their pricing was less than half my normal PCP and lab would charge for the same tests. But you know what they say...You get what you pay for.

Scheduling and paying for the tests was simple online. The problem was, at least in my area, they contract out to the bottom of the barrel labs. Poor service & rude employees was my experience. When signing up online, they listed all these different labs in my area I could use. Quest Diagnostics and Labcorp. When actually finalizing my test purchases though, the lab options changed. Quest was suddenly unavailable and Labcorp was my only choice. After looking at the Yelp reviews of the Labcorp sites in my area, I was not impressed. Slow service, lost tests and rude employees were the main complaints. That was my experience as well. I walked into my local Labcorp at 2:15pm and there were 2 people ahead of me. I noticed that the two ladies working in the office were very short and kind of rude to their two customers ahead of me. Bad sign. After waiting 20 minutes to be called, I presented my paperwork to the lady at the counter. She looked at it briefly and asked for my ID. I told her my ID was not required for the test but she refused to proceed. I pointed out the Lab Technician instructions which clearly state no ID required and she rudely said "So you're unwilling to show me your ID?" I answered yes and then she rudely said she would have to call her manager. At this point I was done. After witnessing her poor treatment of her prior patients & experiencing it first hand, I certainly didn't want this overweight unhappy woman sticking a needle in my arm. I left and will now go back to my regular doctor to have these tests done and pay twice the price with half the headache.

I will now have to request a refund from STDcheck.com. They don't have a refund option on their site which is a bad sign. I guess I will have to call them. Hopefully they are reasonable and don't force me to dispute the charges on my card for lack of services rendered. 
Pros
Scheduling the tests online was simple
Cons
Everything else
Bottom Line
No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Number of Times Used

About Me

M
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account?