Reply: My Bowflex Max Trainer is Rusting

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.
X

Topic History of: My Bowflex Max Trainer is Rusting

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)

• liverstoct

Yes, all the metal part do rust even if you're just using water to clean it. I'll advise you get a oil and apply on those parts. It reduce the rusting rate

• Werner

I have the M7 Upgrade, which is essentially same as M8. Rust is a problem because the bolts are just black coated. Stainless should have been used instead. I shielded the areas prone to corrosion with a plastic material keeping most of the moisture away (this especially on the bottom of the machine. I did a similar thing up on the console, i.e. over the control buttons. You can change the bolts to Stainless; most are M8 x 1.25 (Metric). In general, keep cleaning the areas prone to corrosion, then put a light coat of oil or petroleum jelly. I like the machine and use it often, but I agree, corrosion is a problem, but can be taken care of as explained. Aloha Werner

• Trent

I have the exact same issue with my M8. Just chatted with customer support and they are sending out new hardware and new pedals. For what its worth, my machine is only 9 months old.

• Paul

Yes, I have had the same issue, I use my m7 at least twice a week and have only had it for about two years. The machine is in a bedroom and although I do sweat a lot I do not feel as though it is enough to cause rust. Have you contacted Bowflex about it, I plan on calling them.

• Anonymous

I have the M7 and love it, great workout. Am wondering if anyone has issues with rust? I sweat a lot when I use it and think I have salty than normal sweat. All of my bolts have started to rust, and the inside metal that attaches the pedal to the wheel that goes up and down on rail at the base. Just curious if others have noticed rust accumulating?

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds