Are Transitions Lenses Worth It?

6 years 10 months ago #237 by Elle
Are Transitions Lenses Worth It? was created by Elle
I usually get frames with my prescription lenses that come with clip-ons for sun glasses.

It's a bit of a pain keeping my clip-ons close by as they tend to get crushed sometimes in my purse. I then have to straighten them out.

For my next pair of glasses I am thinking of getting Transitions lenses. This way when I go out in the sun everything happens automatically.

Does anyone have any bad points about transitions? I heard they don't work in cars for some reason though I am not sure why they would not...

Anyone have an opinion one way or the other?

Thanks
6 years 9 months ago #246 by Zeus
Replied by Zeus on topic Are Transitions Lenses Worth It?
I think they are. It takes a little bit to get use to them but they are definitely great to have especially if you move in and out site several times a day.

Transitions now days also get lighter and darker quicker now than several years ago which makes them easier to use.

The only downside beyond the slight tint which doesn't bug me anymore is that regular sunglasses cover your eyes more making light less likely to be viewed from the side. Regular everyday frames are not usually as big as sun glass frames which is what I have my transition lenses in. They block light but not as much as a good pair of sunglasses. They work well for me you just have to think of your situation and if they would work for you.
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds