“Weight management as data-driven as the rest of our lives” – that’s the promise of Retrofit, a company that pledge to revolutionize the health industry by taking the best that modern science has to offer and transforming it into a weight loss plan for the 21st century.
The company promises to help clients lose at least 10% of their current weight and keep it off through the end of the 12-month program. If a client upholds all commitments but doesn’t meet their personalized weight loss goal, Retrofit offers a second year of the service at no charge.
Here’s what sets it apart: the Retrofit program is all about technology. Clients use hi-tech wireless Fitbit activity trackers and a wi-fi scale to monitor behavior patterns and review the results with a team of personal wellness experts. The client makes four commitments:
- Wear a smart activity tracker everyday
- Record weight regularly on a wi-fi scale
- Meet 1:1 each week with the assigned experts
- Make every effort to eat & exercise according to an expert-designed personalized weekly plan
Three experts are assigned to each client – a Registered Dietician, an Exercise Physiologist, and a Behavior Coach – for a fully individualized approach to nutrition, fitness, and mindset challenges. The multi-disciplinary approach offers a diversified take on weight loss that is tailored to each client’s unique needs.
Each week, the client participates in a video conference with their wellness expert team. The team provides the support, guidance, and accountability that lead to long-term weight loss success. The Retrofit experience is further personalized with a detailed personal data profile. Clients receive daily readings from wireless devices that provide insight into current patterns and lifestyle changes that will lead to lasting health.
A small wireless activity tracker monitors activity during the day – like steps taken and calories burned – and sleep habits by night, providing real-time feedback to the team of wellness experts. A wi-fi body composition scale is also used to measure progress, via current weight, lean mass to fat ratio, and BMI.
Retrofit backs the program up with scientific findings on nutrition, fitness, and weight management:
- The National Weight Control Registry, a study of over 6,000 people who have maintained weight loss for at least 5 years, has put the pace of lasting and safe weight loss at 5-10% annually.
- Nutrition is the initial source of weight loss, while fitness is the key element of maintaining a stable weight long-term.
- Sleep is an important factor in weight loss.
- Stress can lead to weight gain.
- Small changes have a major impact over time.
95% of people who lose weight regain it within 12 months. Lasting weight loss requires learning good behaviors and making big lifestyle changes. Retrofit sticks with you, teaching you exactly what it takes to drop weight and keep it off for good.