Fitocracy was launched in 2011 and is designed to make fitness more fun and a truly addictive experience. This online service uses gamification and social networking to help it's members improve their healthy habits. Fitocracy does this by offering members tailored challenges and quests that allows them to earn points and achievements which helps them push boundaries and keeps working out fun.
Fitocracy hosts a variety of interactive online digital tools to help monitor your fitness progress, plus a variety of plans from coaches to help with motivation and to get you on a safe and practical workout and diet regime. Most of Fitocracy online resources are free, and while it does cost money to hire a coach, prices are affordable and cost as little as $1 a day.
How It Works
- Sign up for a free membership
- Fill out what you wish to accomplish. You can select one of the following which will recommend the right workouts
- Lose Weight
- Gain Strength and Muscle
- Improve my Endurance through Cardio
- I Would Rather Not Say
- Search for workouts you would like to try and add them to your list. They are different categories including Pre-Made, Recent, Most Popular, and Alphabetical
- Use the Fitocracy workout tracker to earn points and level up. Complete Quests for bonus points. Earn badges by reaching milestones
- Make friends with other Fitocrats. Follow them, give them props, and leave comments. Participating in the fitness social network will increase your motivation
Dashboard & Tools
Fitocracy has a very powerful workout tracking system. You can track hundreds of exercises, log circuits and supersets, save routines, and more. When you select a workout you want to do, you then can customize it and choose the number of sets and reps for each exercise. Most exercises in a workout program come with trainer notes which includes a video of how to do the exercise properly. We have included a few examples of this in the video section of this listing. Once the workout program is finished you can end the work out and Fred the automated Fitocracy Robot will give you your points plus any achievements you may have unlocked. Your completed workout will be added to your feed which others in your group (and any friends) will see how you are doing. They can offer motivation through comments or props (think Facebook Likes).
Points, Quests and Achievements
The way Fitocracy the service motivates it's members is by offering points for any workout activity the user participates in. Users can also take on quests for additional points. Quests typically consisting of a set of related activities. One example of a quest is "Consistency Is Key". It requires the participant to log any activities at least 10 times in a week. Particularly significant fitness milestones are recognized with achievement badges.
In addition to the game, Fitocracy also provides a social network which enables users to follow other users, view and comment on their workouts, give them props, and join groups for specific interests. All this information is presented on your feed page which shows your activities, and users who are your friends and belong to the same groups as you. The feed can be filtered to show just the activities of the people you want to see.
Fitocracy has 2 levels of accounts, the Standard free account and the Hero account. With the Standard account you get access to most tools on the website including the tracker, quests, and all the exercise programs.
The Hero account costs $4.99 per month or $44.99 per year. If you purchase this subscription you will have access to the following features not only on the website but through the iPhone and Android phone apps:
- Weekly Insights - Get a emailed report of your activity every week. It shows how many points you earned, weight you lifted, distance you traveled, personal records you set, and more
- Private Messaging - Private messages can be used for a friendly word of encouragement, a question about someone's workout routine, or simply sharing something
- Duels - You well be able to challenge anyone on the site to a one-on-one fight for supremacy. Most points? Most distance run? Pick your poison, and away you go
- Claim a Title - Your title will be displayed any time your name shows up (feeds, any workouts you designed, etc..). Unlock titles by accomplishing different milestones
- Save others' workouts - Click the Save link next to any workout and set the date you'd like to do that workout
- Exclusive badge - Your profile will be emblazoned with the highest glory that is the Hero Badge
- Unlimited Routines - Save as many Routines as you like (rather than just 8)
- Early Access - Get exclusive access to new Fitocracy features before they're released to the rest of the users
Online coaching on Fitocracy ranges in price from $30 a month to over $100 a month. There are numerous coaches available that cover Weight Loss, Muscle Gain, and One on One coaching. When you visit the Coaching page you are presented with a number of coaches programs you can choose from. Along with a short description, the price per month is also given. The level of difficulty and any requires are also displayed like gym access, tacking nutrition, and/or dumb bells.
When you click on a coaching program that interests you it will bring up the overview page. On this page will be the Program Details which includes who it is for, the goals, any requirements (how long and often the training is), the schedule, and what you get out of it. The number of spots left is also listed along with any guarantees the coach may offer (most are 100% satisfied 14 day money back guarantees). If you like what you see you can join the coaches program right away or ask him or her any additional questions you may have.
Most coaching programs include at least one of the following:
- A fitness assessment so a custom workout program can be designed
- Daily access to your coach for any questions you have
- Continuous progressive updates to your training and nutrition plans
- Regular check-ins with your coach, and regular progress tracking
Gift cards can also be purchased an applied towards a Fitocracy subscription or coaching.
Disclaimer: While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our information at Review Chatter we shall not be held responsible for any discrepancy. There is a possibility that the information provided here is outdated or wrong, please check with the companies website directly for the most recent information. As always you should read your terms of service before purchasing any product online or signing up to any online service.