June 08, 2016 8709
Hello Fresh Subscription is Hard to Cancel
Overall rating

Product

Selection

Shipping

Customer Service

Value

My husband and I did enjoy the food but my daughter who is 10 did not. I canceled after a month of service and told them that my daughter did not enjoy the meals so we did not want it anymore. The next week I notice my credit card was charged $69. Great I knew something like this would happen. Everyone seems to have trouble with subscriptions online. It doesn't matter if it is for meal kits or dating services.

Anyways. I called customer service and was told by a women that my account was now closed and that Hello Fresh would refund the money. I took her at her word and was satisfied. 2 weeks later I checked my credit card and still no refund. Well I am pretty angry now and I call the Hello Fresh customer service back and ask to speak to a manager. She tells me that they will not refund my money. I keep pressing saying I want my money back and told her you never even sent a box that last week which I canceled and you still took my money. The manager then decides that I could either get half my money back or another box. 

I am really angry now. I hang up and then call my bank. They are reversing the credit card charges since I had documented my calls and I never did receive the product.

Be very careful with cancellations and refunds with Hello Fresh. Lesson Learned!!!
Pros
I enjoyed the food.
Cons
Hard to cancel subscription.
Length of Time Used
1 - 3 Months
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account?