Symantec Norton Security is an all in one solution for your internet security needs. Norton Security is a suite of tools that offers protection for all of your devices. This includes Windows PCs, Mac's, Android, and iOS devices (both phones and tablets). With more than 175 million users worldwide Norton Security is one of the top choices among home and small business users.
Symantec has been in business since 1982 and has become a large company which focuses solely on security. They have the resources to keep up with new malware and virus threats as they emerge. Norton teams of security experts are constantly analyzing new threats and devising new ways to protect your devices from them. The confidence they have in their product is huge as Norton Security is the only software of this type (that we are aware of), which offers a money back guarantee if your device ends up getting a virus.
Features & Costs
Purchasing Internet Security and Anti-Virus software is a little different than most other software. You don't purchase the software outright since the software needs to be updated almost daily to protect your device as new viruses and other security threats are discovered. Therefore virtually all security software is purchased via a subscription which usually renews annually. Norton Security follows this model.
There are 3 versions of Norton Security:
Priced at $39.99 per year the Standard edition of Norton Security offers protection for:
- 1 PC or Mac
- Defends against online threats like viruses, spyware, and malware
- Includes Smart Two-Way Firewall which prevents strangers from accessing your home network by blocking incoming traffic determined to be unsafe
- Includes Norton Safe Web which alerts you to unsafe websites before you visit them
- Includes Identity Safe which remembers, secures, and automatically enters your user names and passwords so they cannot be lost or stolen
- Includes 100% Guarantee. Your device will remain virus free or Symantec will give you a refund (see Symantec for full details)
Priced at $49.99 per year the Deluxe edition of Norton Security offers all the protection of the Standard edition plus:
- Up to 5 PCs, Macs, smartphones or tablets
- Secure all of your families devices under one subscription
- Manage all your devices protection under Norton's web portal
- Easily locate lost or stolen smartphones and tablets
Priced at $59.99 per year the Premium edition of Norton Security offers all the protection of the Deluxe edition plus:
- Up to 10 PCs, Macs, smartphones or tablets
- Includes Norton Family Premier
- Family safety features and parental controls
- Manage your kids’ time spent online
- Simple settings to make the Web safe for kids to explore
- Includes Norton Online Backup
- Automatically backups your important files like your photos, music and documents
- Includes 25 GB of secure cloud storage
- Data is protected with high-level encryption, while being sent over the Internet and while stored on our secured servers
- Transfer and restore your files anywhere, anytime
Norton products have an excellent support system. They offer 24 hour chat, email and phone support with little or no wait times. There customer service agents can also help you by using Remote Assistance to access your PC or Mac.
The Norton Community web portal also offers a top notch FAQ and blog posts related to securing you electronic devices. One of the best parts of the community are the online forums which contains answers to thousands of questions Norton users have asked and answered.
Disclaimer: While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our information at Review Chatter we shall not be held responsible for any discrepancy. There is a possibility that the information provided here is outdated or wrong, please check with the companies website directly for the most recent information. As always you should read your terms of service before purchasing any product online or signing up to any online service.