- Meal Kits
- DineInFresh Inc.
- Business Started
- Countries of Operation
- United States
Plated creates and delivers healthy meal kits weekly to subscribers in the United States. Subscribers can choose from 9 different meals with the option of 7 standard dinners and 2 "Chef's Table" dinners. 2 Deserts are also offered every week for an additional charge. Of the 9 meal recipes 3 are vegetarian. Meals are automatically selected for you based on your meal preferences and orders can be changed as long as it is done 6 days before your next shipment. Plated is know for their choice of healthy ingredients from suppliers who practise sustainable resource management and who are environmentally friendly. Most of their shipping materials that the Plated ingredients come in are also biodegradable and can be recycled.
For more information about this company please see our detailed Plated information page.
History of Facts & Statistics
- Albertson Companies, the nation’s second largest grocery chain, announced that it will acquire meal kit service Plated. 
- Shark Tank's Mark Cuban deal falls through but Plated does receive and investment by Kevin O'Leary. 
- Plated is forecast to generate more than $100 million in annual revenue in 2015. If they succeed that would meal Plated for the first time would make a profit. 
- Plated has on average had revenue grow 500% every year since launch. 
- Plated began shipping all its meals in new packaging made from recycled jute plant fiber that can be composted. 
- Plated sends out ingredients for 10,000 plus meals per day. 
- Plated has over 10,000 customers in the United States. 
- Plated announced a $35 million Series B round of new financing in July. 
- In February Plated launched their iOS app. 
- 1,000 unique recipes exist in the Plated database. 
- Plated has raised a total of $56.4 million in funding. 
- Plated has now more than 400 full-time and part-time employees. 
- How Plated Got Served By Mark Cuban and Kevin O'Leary on 'Beyond the Tank' 
- How Shark Tank's Plated Broke $100 Million in Revenue in Three Years 
- Plated Is Served $35 Million In Series B 
- By working with a range of vendors and shipping partners Plated now delivers to 90% of the United States. 
- Plated employs 20 full-time people and about 40 part-time people mostly in the fulfilment centers across the U.S. 
- Plated raised $5 million in a Series A round of venture funding which was led by ff Venture Capital. 
- Plated appears on Shark Tank in April and initially received a proposed investment by Mark Cuban for 6% of the company for $500,000. 
- Plated was launched by founders Josh Hix and Nick Taranto.
- Pages change over time and while they contained the information presented here at the time of writing, it may have been updated or deleted