- Cimpress N.V.
- Business Started
- Countries of Operation
- United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, France, ...
Vistaprint is owned by Cimpress N.V. which is a publicly traded company based in the Netherlands. Vistaprint is the brand name used in North America by Cimpress to sell their printing and digital marketing services for home and business use. When they launched in 1999 they were one of the first businesses to offer this type of service online. At that point their main focus was business cards. Since then their lineup of printed products have expanded and now includes all types of customized printed materials like brochures, calendars, invitations, posters and other signage. Vistaprint also customizes apparel and gifts like t-shirts, mugs, coasters, and pillows.
Vistaprint is able to keep their products extremely affordable by processing orders online and by grouping print jobs together using a formula based on type of job, paper stock type, print run quantity, finishing and ship-by dates, among other factors. This reduces changeover time and labor at Vistaprint's printing facilities because there's less need to change paper or inks between jobs.
For more information about this company please see our detailed Vistaprint information page.
History of Facts & Statistics
- Vistaprint updated its website so it only takes .40 seconds to load its site and browse through its options, compared to the average time of 2.64 seconds of the top 100 companies. 
- Vistaprint/Cimpress has 5,100 employees worldwide in their offices and printing facilities. 
- Produced more than 46 million uniquely designed items for its customers in 2015. 
- Vistaprint had $1.86 billion in revenue for the year ending 2016 (June 30, 2016). 
- The parent company Vistaprint took a new name Cimpress, while the name Vistaprint remained the brand serving North America. 
- Revenue grew to $817 million in 2011, 21.9% more than in 2010 (at $670 million). 
- Vistaprint is targeting $2 billion in sales by the year 2016. 
- Vistaprint went ahead with an initial public offering and began trading on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol VPRT. 
- Vistaprint was founding in Paris, France in 1995 by Robert Keane (as of 2016 still current President and CEO). 
- Pages change over time and while they contained the information presented here at the time of writing, it may have been updated or deleted